The Cheyenne Mountain School District has a culture steeped in a tradition of excellence in academics, the fine arts, and athletics.
Being at or near the top of all schools in Colorado and the Nation in academic achievement is the result of students who come to school ready to learn, strong parent and community participation and support, and outstanding teachers, administrators, and a board of education who are committed to providing an environment conducive to all aspects of learning. Approximately 90% of our graduates go on to college, many in the most prestigious colleges and universities in the nation.
The Cheyenne Mountain School District is located in the southwest corner of beautiful Colorado Springs, Colorado. The District has a total enrollment of approximately 4,600 students in preschool through twelfth grade. There are a total of five elementary schools offering grades K-6, and one preschool. The District has one junior high school for grades 7-8, a high school for grades 9-12, and a charter school serving grades K-6.
- Well behaved and highly motivated students
- Strong parent support as evidenced by many parent volunteers
- Strong community support as evidenced by voter approval of all six referendums for new buildings and general operating funds during the past fifteen years
Our Salary and Benefits...
- Competitive teacher salary schedule
- Competitive benefits program with significant contributions by the District to employees' health, dental, long term disability and life insurances
- Strong support from administration and Board of Education
- Excellent programs for high risk students in special education, English Language Learners, gifted and talented, and 504 support
- Broad-based use of technology
- All schools have counselors and learning specialists to provide student support
- Extensive high school Advanced Placement offerings and participation
- Extraordinary programs in the fine arts and athletics
- Modern, safe, and well equipped school facilities
- Well equipped media centers in every school
Please consider becoming a member of the extraordinarily talented staff of one of Colorado's most prestigious school districts...
Cheyenne Mountain School District 12 in Colorado Springs, Colorado.